Get advice, answers, and information

What is an EIN? How do I get one?

An EIN (Employer Identification Number), or Tax ID number, is the corporate equivalent of a Social Security Number (SSN) and is required of anyone who has to pay withholding taxes on employees. The EIN is used to identify the business as a taxpayer and is an essential task to be completed when starting a business.

If you are incorporating a new LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp, or Non-Profit through Rocket Lawyer, we offer the option to include the EIN with your order.

If you have a question and need to speak with someone directly, please call our incorporation specialists at (888) 627-1186. We can guide you through the process and answer any questions that you may have.