Get advice, answers, and information

How Do I Incorporate a Property?

What you’ll want to do first is set up a corporation or LLC; LLCs are the most popular formation for landlords and property owners. To incorporate in your state you’ll typically need to file a few forms including registering the name of your company and your articles of incorporation (articles of organization for an LLC.)

Once you have a legal business in the eyes of the state, next, you’ll transfer the title of your property or properties to the corporation. This means the corporation “owns” your property now, even if you yourself might be the only member of the corporation. You’ll have a small amount of paperwork to do to keep up your new business in good standing with the state, but again, it’s a small obligation that carries massive benefits.